Saturday, April 19, 2014

267 Eggs!

Through Friday, April 25:  See contemporary takes on Faberge eggs at Rockefeller Center on the Plaza.  This exhibition is outdoors and well worth the trip.  Read all about the project and the artists at http://thebigegghunt.org/news/  The captions below are my own interpretations of these wonderful objects.

Here are my favorites from my visit today.  Happy Easter to all who celebrate!  And Happy Spring to everyone.
Purple and blue with eyelashes

Faces

Tourist -- I think I bumped into him!

You must know this fellow!

I love the drippy, abstract characters.

Mosaic in the Faberge style

Night sky Everywhere

Traditional

Robin's egg with nest intact

A fitting companion to Atlas' Globe, 5th Ave.

American Quilt style

VERY popular with tiny tourists

Delicate as Wedgewood

No comments:

Post a Comment