Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Walking across West 74th Street

Today I took photos on my walk across West 74th Street from Amsterdam to Central Park West.  If you've been on the block recently, lived here for a while, or just stopped to visit, I think you'll recognize some of these places.

Starting at the corner, above Levain Bakery


This brick facade with rondel was exposed years ago when the more modern front was torn away.
It haunts me that this lamp is always burning.  Have you ever seen it turned off?

Finials standing guard, near the lamp above.
Coleus riot!

Silent griffins -- look for them above the fanlight.

Stone entry way

No matter how hard I try, I cannot get these glass jewels in focus.


Green scene, with Patsy's

Perpetual Autumn

Summer exiting

Roses on the way back

No comments:

Post a Comment